Homeowners Insurance - Protection for Your Home Against Damage and Loss
Multiple Locations to Serve You
: Oswego, Fulton, Brewerton, Mexico and Clayton, New York
When it comes to your home or rental property, Oswego ValleyInsurance Agencies (OVIA) offer a wide range of insurance products and coverages for you to choose from. Whether it's for your own personal residence, mobile home, rental property, or condominium, OVIA can work with you to provide just the right coverage and policy. Renting? Find out more about rental insurance coverage!
Because everyone's needs are not the same, it is best to consult your agent to help assess your needs and find the insurance policy that is right for you.
Things to consider before buying home insurance and questions to ask your agent:
Here are few things to discuss with your agent that will influence your decisions.
- How much will it cost to rebuild my house and replace my belongings if they are damaged or destroyed? Our agents will talk you through your home's features and the things you own to help you make an informed decision about coverage.
- Does the insurance company have a good reputation for customer service? Check out our reviews on Facebook. Leave your own review on Facebook, Google or right here on our site.
- What discounts are available? Many of our carriers offer discounts for multiple policies by adding coverage for your auto, security systems and fire resistance discounts.
- What's the process for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)
What is Homeowners insurance?
Homeowners insurance provides financial protection against disasters. A standard policy insures the home itself and the things you keep in it.
Homeowners insurance is a package policy. This means that it covers both damage to your property and your liability or legal responsibility for any injuries and property damage you or members of your family cause to other people. This includes damage caused by household pets.
Damage caused by most disasters is covered but there are exceptions. The most significant are damage caused by floods, earthquakes and poor maintenance. You must buy two separate policies for flood and earthquake coverage. Maintenance-related problems are the homeowners' responsibility.
Why do you need homeowners insurance?
It is really all about protecting yourself financially if something unexpected happens to your home or possessions. That's important because chances are your home is likely one of your largest investments.
- If your home was destroyed by fire or damaged by a natural disaster, you'd need money to repair or replace it.
- If a guest in your home is injured, liability protection and medical coverage help pay expenses.
- If you are a victim of theft and vandalism, it can reimburse you for your loss or pay for repairs.
- If you are still paying for your home, your lender will require insurance.
It is important to know that homeowners insurance is meant to cover unexpected damage, not routine maintenance. Ask your agent to talk about what is covered and be sure to read your policy so you know exactly what's included and what is not.
Thank you for your interest in OVIA Insurance Agencies. We offer quick and easy quote forms below for your convenience or you can email your questions and an insurance agent will reply promptly.
Home Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Towns and Villages served by Oswego, Fulton, Phoenix, Mexico, Brewerton Offices:
Oswego, Fulton, Albion, Amboy, Boylston, Constantia, Granby, Hannibal, Hastings, Mexico, Minetto, New Haven, Orwell, Palermo, Parish, Redfield, Richland, Sandy Creek, Schroeppel, Scriba, Volney, West Monroe, Williamstown, Central Square, Cleveland, Lacona, Parish, Pulaski, Syracuse, Brewerton, Camillus, Cicero, Clay, DeWitt, Elbridge, Fabius, Geddes, LaFayette, Lysander, Manlius, Marcellus, Onondaga, Otisco, Pompey, Salina, Skaneateles, Spafford, Tully, Van Buren, East Syracuse, Fayetteville, Jordan, Liverpool, Minoa, North Syracuse
Villages and Towns served by Clayton Location:
Watertown, Adams, Alexandria, Antwerp, Brownville, Cape Vincent, Champion, Clayton, Ellisburg, Henderson, Hounsfield, Le Ray, Lorraine, Lyme, Orleans, Pamelia, Philadelphia, Rodman, Rutland, Theresa, Wilna, Worth, Alexandria Bay, Black River, Carthage, Chaumont, Deferiet, Dexter, Evans Mills, Glen Park, Herrings, Mannsville, Sackets Harbor, West Carthage, Ogdensburg, Brasher, Canton, Clare, Clifton, Colton, De Kalb, De Peyster, Edwards, Fine, Fowler, Gouverneur, Hammond, Hermon, Hopkinton, Lawrence, Lisbon, Louisville, Macomb, Madrid, Massena